X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stevie View Post

definitely not great are they
    theres enough just on here with issues already

just checked on mine battery come right up and charger on its last bulk charge before going on to maintenance cycle now at 12.6 volts

Comment

It seems like the battery would be ok if you were using it daily, issues are when its a weekend car or once a month etc

Comment

Originally posted by foxspeed View Post
        think it was a good idea to get one! 11volts in mine and thats after a drive of 30mins... not impressed with these DESS battery system its going to be a future reliability issue...
        I found that with the Trophy charging system it matters how you drive it rather than how long. The alternator has a weird charging process and disengages charging in certain conditions. From what I noticed on mine, when engine is idle or if you put the foot down it stops charging. If you come off the accelerator, the charging jumps to 15V.

This DESS system is not very reliable, I believe a Li-Ion or a full size standard 50Ah battery would be better considering the Trophy has exactly same Bosch alternator as the standard RS 280.
        2019 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300 EDC
        2020 VW T-Cross SEL
        2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
        2007 Renault Megane 2
        ------------------------------------------
        Sports cars are difficult to justify, but easy to love

Comment

Originally posted by GeoBog View Post

I found that with the Trophy charging system it matters how you drive it rather than how long. The alternator has a weird charging process and disengages charging in certain conditions. From what I noticed on mine, when engine is idle or if you put the foot down it stops charging. If you come off the accelerator, the charging jumps to 15V.

This DESS system is not very reliable, I believe a Li-Ion or a full size standard 50Ah battery would be better considering the Trophy has exactly same Bosch alternator as the standard RS 280.
          that is working as a regen-braking system - the alternator is only used when on over-run or disengaged when you accelerate to give maximumpower

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie View Post
            It seems like the battery would be ok if you were using it daily, issues are when its a weekend car or once a month etc
            Chances are 90% of these aren’t daily drivers and even then you’d have to make sure it was a reasonable distance you was driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Chances are 90% of these aren’t daily drivers and even then you’d have to make sure it was a reasonable distance you was driving.
              Definitely

Comment

gaz's car hasnt been started in weeks bet it fires up ok!

Comment

Originally posted by foxspeed View Post
                  gaz's car hasnt been started in weeks bet it fires up ok!
                  He starts that every night and sits in it lol

Comment

Working...
                  X