No announcement yet.

Flame Red 275 Nav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This last while every time I don't drive the Megane for a couple of days and come back the brakes are stuck on and make a big clunk noise when you try and move it as they free up. Renault wanted over £300 before vat to take them apart and grease them :O, they noticed when replacing the heater fan.

So today I decided to do it with my dad as we had some time this morning. I was absolutely dreading this job and had sort of been putting it off as the brembo pins where so hard to get out of the calipers on my Clio 197, like ridiculously hard. (Although, the pins seemed to have been used lots and been in and out lots on the Clio, the points on the outside where flat and flush with the caliper). I was super scared of marking the factory painted calipers on the Megane.

Dad drilled a concave shape in the back of a punch so that it would hold on the point of the pin (this worked really well, although that side of the punch is softer). We were super lucky that the pins just tapped out really easy, they didn't look all that clean and if they were left until I needed pads it could have been another story.

The pads at the outside came out easy-ish but the ones at the inside were stuck a little. We took them all out and cleaned them up and copper greased them. The rears were the same story. I put mr pinks pins in even though I didn't have any bother with the OEM ones, just for peace of mind after seeing the Clio (Although I wouldn't let them get in that state).

The only issues I had was getting the back wheels off, jeepers the corrosion almost looked like they were welded to the hub. The front were off more recent for tyres so weren't to bad. Seems to be the big lip on the hub that makes them harder to come off too. Greased in round there too.

I think my problem with the brakes is that I wash it too much lol

Comment

Recently I had a little accident with the Megane. I parked my 197 in a part of the drive that I never do, my granda was coming round so moved the Megane so it would be out of his way. I was reversing the car right back to the back garden because if I do this I can fully open the door without the worry of the door hitting the house. and BANG. :'( I had put the 197 up the hill in the driveway and forgot about it and was only looking in my right mirror as I could see the kerb of the back garden in it. (stupid of course to not use all mirrors etc) All this also happened before the reversing camera and sensors had started up. As soon as I bounced off the 197 the parking sensors beeped.

It left a very small mark in the back bumper and a few cracks in the paint. My 197 has headlight washers and they stressed the Meganes bumper causing the cracks. I was so sad as I know the paint is ridiculous to match and thought it would never be the same.

I contacted eddie on here, the guy that bought scoobies cup-s and he recommended AG Automotive. All I can say is whao. It is better than when I bought the car as there was a small mark near where you put you hand to open the boot that someones ring or something must have made. It is absolutely perfect. I am very picky and I'm saying its perfect. He has a state of the art spray booth with a tablet on the wall outside controlling heat and air and light.

I think I mentioned ages ago on this blog thing that I got a ding in the rear quarter. I never trusted anyone to take it out incase it ended up worse, AG went in through the door latch to get it out and it is also perfect, looks like it was never there. I am so happy with the car again. Felt everything was going wrong.

As for the 197, very little damage, it got a 3 day detail including machine compound and polish and buffed out the little marks.

IMG_0430.jpeg
      Last edited by av4625; 11-05-19, 17:59.

Comment

I have zero luck with this car and thats even sadder because I love it so much hahaha

I don’t commute or go to the shops in the megane as I don’t want any dings etc. I know thats sad as its meant to be driven, but when I park it in those car parks I do nothing but think about it when its there.

Today me and the girlfriend went to the coast with the megane for a day out. I went and looked at the carpark and it was wayyy to busy with kids etc so I parked a bit further away. I was parked about 30 seconds and there was a huge bang

Someone hit my mirror super hard and broke the plastic part that is the actual mirror and broke the little indicator part into bits

sad

FF638357-BDA9-4A1B-8879-1EF5385E7050.jpeg

65A71DA5-16AF-46CE-A97D-77EEB46E79D4.jpeg

Comment

Did you get their details ?

Comment

Originally posted by Madmax View Post
            Did you get their details ?
            Yea, luckily I was still in the car when it happened.

A guy on the footpath was going to run after them because he thought they weren't stopping lol #hero

Phone Renault first thing this morning to get a quote, was told he would phone me back within 30 minutes, I'm still waiting

Comment

At least it's only the mirror. I had to replace one on my R26, wasn't a tricky job even for a mechanical heathen like me.

Comment

Feel your pain, hope it’s all sorted soon.

Comment

Aaron, did you ever get sorted with the wing mirror? Did anyone call you back? If not please let me know. I’m off from Thursday for 10 days but will try get you sorted out before then!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie275Cup-S View Post
                    Aaron, did you ever get sorted with the wing mirror? Did anyone call you back? If not please let me know. I’m off from Thursday for 10 days but will try get you sorted out before then!
                    Nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie275Cup-S View Post
                      Sorry hadnt been on in a while, car is in today, thanks though

Comment

I don't have as much time as I used to, to detail the Megane. It was making me sad when it doesn't bead lol Most of my spare time (and money ) now goes towards working on the Clio and sprinting in it. So I decided to get the car a ceramic coating. So far I am very happy with it

IMG_1528.jpeg

119232022_3320099801359971_7627034915227904540_o.jpg

119094038_3320100424693242_6766131692065954656_o.jpg

119117342_3320100218026596_1770011346101145763_o.jpg

119159403_3320100598026558_7949610832422693648_o.jpg

119146435_3320099904693294_1732687798158564876_o.jpg

119141080_3320100051359946_7300578987072474295_o.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

proper shiney

Comment

Looks awesome mate

Comment

This car is definitely a keeper for me now. I know I would regret ever getting rid of it. I don't even know what I would replace it with that would be as good for similar cash. The only problem is I have so much money in the Clio I can't imagine getting rid of it either as I would never get close to the money in it lol. When I told my GF that in the future I will probably get another car you wanted to see her face hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by av4625 View Post
                                This car is definitely a keeper for me now. I know I would regret ever getting rid of it. I don't even know what I would replace it with that would be as good for similar cash. The only problem is I have so much money in the Clio I can't imagine getting rid of it either as I would never get close to the money in it lol. When I told my GF that in the future I will probably get another car you wanted to see her face hahaha
                                I don’t see a problem here 🤣

Comment

Working...
                                X