• Show
Clear All

• I like that, looks fantastic Andy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black225 View Post
      I like that, looks fantastic Andy.
      Cheers Steve 👍🏻

Comment

• Hope everyone is keeping safe and well, not done an update for a little while.....

Before lockdown etc, for the Trophy's first birthday, I treated it to a new set of tyres and some black wheel bolts.

Bridgestone S007 R.S.

IMG_3058 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

AF24DB5F-44A0-498B-AA27-48ACC351DF90 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

IMG_3050 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

IMG_3067 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

AED6F391-E2C0-432C-A4E5-7548A7FB5860 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

Wheel bolts are from McGard, fantastic quality and look much better than the standard silver bolts I think.

9C6DF188-BCD5-4726-8DA9-A76A8E2B3271 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

Not really had much of a chance to drive the Trophy since fitting them, bar one very wet drive to Caffeine & Machine, so difficult to give any real feedback so far.

With all this time we've had on lockdown, obviously the wheels have come off for a full clean/seal, along with the arches 😂

IMG_3323 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

Fabric arches a bit of a pain to be honest, but vacuuming all the crap out before cleaning works a treat.

IMG_3329 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

IMG_3330 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

IMG_3354 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

Rears as well

IMG_3376 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

IMG_3377 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

I've even cleaned and sealed the original Jerez wheels... 😁

85D0CB65-5875-4366-9C17-89A34D242EC0 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

DCFC739A-55B2-4082-810E-CEE9C6248F12 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

857E9155-2B3B-4A0B-BB65-D0470D0048B0 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

All clean, sealed and back in their boxes, can't decide if I should sell them or powder coat them satin black and use them next winter.... 🤔

E824778E-13BD-4681-90C8-07B442208E50 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

So another three weeks of lockdown is upon us, thankfully I have this beauty to clean up to keep me occupied.....

IMG_3634 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

IMG_3640 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

It's been off the road for almost 6 years, waiting for parts, so rather than sit in the workshop at the moment, it's with me for a clean up 👍🏻

In need of some TLC, might start another thread in the detailing section if I get a minute....

6D587A87-4564-414A-BD6C-82473EDF5157 by Andy Hamilton, on Flickr

Comment

• Looking excellent as always Andy.

Thanks for the tip on the fabric arches, agree they are a pain. Should be easier now though.
          Last edited by Andy P; 17-04-20, 12:38. Reason: Corrected to what i should have wrote

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy P View Post
            Looking good as always Andy.

Thanks for the tip on the fabric arches, agree they are a pain. Should be easier now though.
            Thanks Andy.

Yeah, seemed to help vacuuming them out first, followed by some APC, a stiff brush and some microfibres cloths 👍🏻

Comment

• Originally posted by scoobyr View Post

Thanks Andy.

Yeah, seemed to help vacuuming them out first, followed by some APC, a stiff brush and some microfibres cloths 👍🏻
              Thanks Andy, I will use that method when I next clean my sons Koleos,

Comment

• i have seen somethings but never i repeat never seen someone vacuum their arches.....well done andy another first lol

Comment

• Originally posted by foxspeed View Post
                  i have seen somethings but never i repeat never seen someone vacuum their arches.....well done andy another first lol
                  You should try it Si, works a treat 🤣👍🏻

The neighbours obviously think you’re a lunatic 😁

It’s the first time I’ve ever had fabric arches, always had the plastic, the vacuum works really well before you take a hose to it....👍🏻
                  Last edited by scoobyr; 17-04-20, 19:46.

Comment

The neighbours obviously think you’re a lunatic 😁

Ha ha I know the feeling

Comment

• soooo how much were the 007? were did you find them as they are quite rare....are they a full tread depth or only 5mm?

Comment

• That's a great pair of cars to have on the drive Andy. Glad to see you're keeping busy.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxspeed View Post
                          soooo how much were the 007? were did you find them as they are quite rare....are they a full tread depth or only 5mm?
                          From ‘Tirendo’, I’ll dig out the details, but were cheaper than a set of PS4’s when I ordered, full depth as far as I am aware...

Comment

From ‘Tirendo’, I’ll dig out the details, but were cheaper than a set of PS4’s when I ordered, full depth as far as I am aware...
                            cant say i have heard of them! but all the sites i have looked at only came across 1 set on mytyres...but nothing now but if cheaper than michelin might be worth a shot

Comment

How are you finding the potenza S007s compared with the s001s?

Comment

• Originally posted by Treagyjet View Post

How are you finding the potenza S007s compared with the s001s?
                                To be honest, due to pandemic/lockdown etc, I've not really had much of a chance for a 'proper' drive yet, but initial impressions that they definitely feel better, will update again soon...

Comment

Working...
                                X