• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mad bad lol

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Sounds a bit like a large 2 stroke bike with the crackles and pops. Love it.

Comment

We all read reports of poor customer service and how the standards of said service are kind of expected these days.

The car has Cobra RSR seats fitted, they've been in for 2 years now although mileage with them in is only around 8000 or so.

The left hand side of the drivers seat has started collapsing as though the foam has started to break down. Mailed Cobra yesterday to see how they'd recommend repairing it. Got a mail back today asking if I'd send a couple of photos to them which were duly sent.

Mailed back within 30 minutes saying if I could get the seat to them they'd repair it whilst I waited. They were also concerned the passenger seat could go the same way so they'd also like the chance to do that also.....all this would be free of charge!!

As far as customer service goes, this takes some beating and thought it was worth a mention.

Comment

Always worth mentioning when praise is due. We all moan, quite rightly, when we experience poor customer service.
            So giving praise when it is due is a nice thing to do.
            Well done Cobra, obviously take pride in their products.

Comment

Originally posted by moktabe View Post
              We all read reports of poor customer service and how the standards of said service are kind of expected these days.

The car has Cobra RSR seats fitted, they've been in for 2 years now although mileage with them in is only around 8000 or so.

The left hand side of the drivers seat has started collapsing as though the foam has started to break down. Mailed Cobra yesterday to see how they'd recommend repairing it. Got a mail back today asking if I'd send a couple of photos to them which were duly sent.

Mailed back within 30 minutes saying if I could get the seat to them they'd repair it whilst I waited. They were also concerned the passenger seat could go the same way so they'd also like the chance to do that also.....all this would be free of charge!!

As far as customer service goes, this takes some beating and thought it was worth a mention.
              wow just brilliant....a few car dealers need to read this!

Comment

Originally posted by moktabe View Post

That's brilliant service.

Comment

Not been here for a while so, update time.

Got my seats sorted by Cobra, great service. How ever, what wasn't so great was that some clown rear ended me on the way there.

​​​​​​With the 3rd party insurers being knobs and dragging their heels (even though their customer had admitted liability) they eventually approved repairs in early Jan time. It took the threat of legal action against them but so be it.
                  The estimate was let's say quite high....it was £11,000. Their choice was to repair it or pay me the cars guaranteed value that was 3 times the estimate.
                  Damage included a ruined tailgate, bent main rear beam, bonding of rear quarter panel broken plus numerous other bits. The NS door composite bit was found to have a crack in it, one of the sills had a crack in it, rear bumper was being held together by the wrap so repairs needed to all those bits also. Exhaust was a bit on the bent side and with being NLA that needed repair.
                  Scott @ SGM uses a bodyshop in Bristol so it went off to them. The rear beam wasn't playing ball when it came to being straightened so a new one was fitted although I have no idea where they got that from as I assume it's a V6 specific part.
                  The car was stripped to its bare bones and is now at the stage of being put back together panel wise and then it will be back to SGM for him to do his bits.
                  The rear bumper has been altered along the lines of a Trophy one as in attached pic although the exhaust in the pic is a Trophy one whereas mine is a Janspeed. Scott will cover the back box with a stainless sheet to make it easier to wipe clean and the tips will be changed to 90mm diameter ones.
                  The wrap will need replacing from the A pillars back and that will be done before I collect the car. All the work re replacing the decals will be done at the detailer guys place back in Derby.
                  The refurbed Cromodora wheels although recently done are being re-done. Problem being that mag-alloy is quite prone to corrosion and they hadn't been properly prepared, the 2 rears were suffering a little on the inside of the barrels and when Scott removed the wheels the paint was popping off. He sent them to a place he uses and prior to repainting they'll be sprayed with Zinc Chromate which I'm told is a corrosion inhibitor for alloy materials....all I know is it's a case of 'How much??' but they needed doing so, so be it.
                  Hopefully have it back by the end of March.
                  IMG_2438.JPGIMG_2453.JPGIMG_2454.JPG87979613_870892696666458_8643871001756565504_n.jpg87572636_872487586506969_940150461145546752_n.jpg
                  Last edited by moktabe; 27-02-20, 16:23.

Comment

87322162_870894506666277_4339924767386632192_n.jpg585331.jpg

Comment

fullsizeoutput_6e2.jpegfullsizeoutput_705.jpegfullsizeoutput_6e7.jpeg

Not been here for a while but got the car back at the end of March. Went straight into the detailers for him to do his magic and to re-apply the decals.

It was away for 4 months and now it's back it's tucked away in the garage as I can't use it....Sods Law!

Change of plans on the exhaust as there wasn't really room for the new tips. The exit pipes from the back box were 1.5" so they were removed and replaced with 3" SS tubing so no tips were needed. The back box was covered with a plain piece of SS to both tidy it up and to lose the seams etc. Definitely a Marmite modification but in my eyes it suits the car.

The video is of the detailer reversing the car into his unit and yes, a brake light is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2JYE9cdc2Q
                      Last edited by moktabe; 06-05-20, 11:09.

Comment

Working...
                      X