265 Cup pack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 265 Cup pack!

Hello, thought I'd best make a thread to add all my ramblings.

so October 2014 I smashed up my classic mini and got a good payout from the insurance (car was heavily modified with 20k lost into it!!)

i've previously owned a 225 cup (in black with red rim tape!!) and an R26 in white.
    so was planning on buying an early 250 along with the mini, but the blessing in the disguise of a tree ment I could afford to order my own spec brand new

so I went for a black 265 with cup pack, rs monitor, elec folding mirrors.
    NOW before I get questioned as to why I didn't order a trophy my reasons are the following:

once the warranty is up I plan on a sports cat and 3" system so the akra was a waste of time for me,
    after owning a cup and an r26 the non recaros were fine and supportive on track but miles better for long journeys. so though the recaros look immense, i'm not fussed about them.
    finally!! the 265 was interest free so with my 12k deposit after 4 years the car is mine, no interest and I don't still owe 9 grand (which is what the pcp would've left me with!)

SO!
    the last 11 months I have done 12,500 miles, and five track days, eat through my bridgestone potenza re050 in 3k and have swapped them for michellin pilot super sports, which I love. they performed brilliantly round Cadwell in the wet!!

Performance wise I have a Front mount, ktec panel filter, forge dump valve and an rs tuning remap (297BHP and 330lb/ft) anyone without a map I urge you to get one ordered, cancel the holiday, put the wedding on hold, leave your boiler leaking and broken. THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT!!

I also have 21mm hub centric spacers all round and the car is at a garage having yellow stuff pads fitted (i rant these on my mapped r26 and my mini)
    next up is H&R springs to drop her 35mm then braided hoses and uprate the fluid.

Once the warranty is up (though maybe before!) I will be pushing to and beyond 400BHP.

but for the time being I absolutely love the car!

oh I have launch control on her to!I

p.s. find me on instagram sirjakethebrit

I'll get some photos up.....

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Great read, thanks for sharing it with us. I like the part about the map lol. Tbh I have to agree !

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie View Post
        Great read, thanks for sharing it with us. I like the part about the map lol. Tbh I have to agree !

my 225 cup was savage running 270bhp and 335lb/ft then my r26 not so much at 258 and 309 respectively.
        running next to a mates standard r26 I edged him.

but with this next to my mate 250 I can match him from rolling at 40 mph him in third and me in forth pulling from around 2k. and like for like gears the difference is something else lol!

I'm a geek with numbers lol!

Comment

Paul knows his stuff the difference a map makes is awesome. My mate had his 250 mapped by forge ( apparently ) to 300 bhp, my R26 stayed with him in all the gears and then pulled a few car lengths away in 5th and 6th. Mine is just stage 1 map from Paul.

Comment

Paul knows his stuff the difference a map makes is awesome. My mate had his 250 mapped by forge ( apparently ) to 300 bhp, my R26 stayed with him in all the gears and then pulled a few car lengths away in 5th and 6th. Mine is just stage 1 map from Paul.

It's incredible how it wakes them up isn't it. love the white r26! I had a carbon bonnet and .r spoiler on mine.loved it.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Looks great, yeah it just makes them so much better to drive. I also find mine better on fuel now on a long run.

Comment

Looks great, yeah it just makes them so much better to drive. I also find mine better on fuel now on a long run.

yeah they are, crazy isn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirjakethebrit View Post

oh I have launch control on her to!I
                    can't just leavi it at that, do tell more

Comment

Originally posted by Mentalpen View Post

can't just leavi it at that, do tell more
                      Haha, it's something paul can map onto them. It's only a simple setup. I have a video on my instagram. Car in first, stationary, foot on clutch, for the accelerator it fuel cuts around 4-4500rpm drop the clutch and she goes! leave the car in sport not race mode and the tc controls the Wheelspin nicely. In racemode there's no tc so it just flys up to the limiter lol. BANG BANG BANG!!
                      Last edited by Sirjakethebrit; 22-02-16, 20:44.

Comment

Looks like he robbed that idea off the MK2.

Comment

Originally posted by Mentalpen View Post
                          Looks like he robbed that idea off the MK2.
                          Not a case of robbing anything. To be honest i didn't think it was possible on the mk2's ecu. But either way is a Renault software thing so it's gonna be the same.....

Regards jake

Comment

Nice thread mate!

Car looks class - love the front end on the ph2 Mk3!!

You are right about a map as well from the master, Mr Murray - its the driveability as well, pure lazyiness in 6th on the motorway for all your cruising needs lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sirjakethebrit View Post

Not a case of robbing anything. To be honest i didn't think it was possible on the mk2's ecu. But either way is a Renault software thing so it's gonna be the same.....

Regards jake
                              Not many people know but the R26/R26R have launch control as standard hence why mentalpen thinks Paul might have got it off of the MK2.

Great read by the way mate, and il give you a follow on Instagram 👍

Comment

Working...
                              X