Screenwash Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenwash Recommendations

Fairly odd thing to ask, but does anyone have any recommendations for (and better, experience of) screen wash?
    Preferably something that works well on getting rid of the bug splatters while out on the B roads, but safe on the paint work etc.

Thanks!
    SB

Not something I have experimented with tbh. The only thing I found with some screen wash was it marked the decals on my roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie View Post
      Not something I have experimented with tbh. The only thing I found with some screen wash was it marked the decals on my roof.
      Alot of R26 and R27's have that isssue. Paul's Clio i fetched to Autosport was quite bad for that.

Comment

Originally posted by StevybSC View Post
        Fairly odd thing to ask, but does anyone have any recommendations for (and better, experience of) screen wash?
        Preferably something that works well on getting rid of the bug splatters while out on the B roads, but safe on the paint work etc.

Thanks!
        SB
        might be better pre-treating your screen with something like rainx that way the bugs dont stick as well and you dont need a strong screen wash concentrate

Comment

I put a bit of bleach in mine to keep the smell away 🤣 no idea what itll do to paint?!

If anyone coughs on my windscreen itll kill the germs though.

Sorry, I doubt this is of any help.

Comment

Besides the genuine Renault pink washer additive I have found that Halfords cherry scented concentrated is quite good.
            https://www.halfords.com/motoring/sc...ry-611875.html

There are loads of cheap soap based additives that leave a powder residue or block the jets which are ones to avoid and these generally don't have the Flammable symbol.

Comment

Originally posted by red21 View Post
              Besides the genuine Renault pink washer additive I have found that Halfords cherry scented concentrated is quite good.
              https://www.halfords.com/motoring/sc...ry-611875.html

There are loads of cheap soap based additives that leave a powder residue or block the jets which are ones to avoid and these generally don't have the Flammable symbol.
              I agree that the pink Renault branded stuff is quite good. Not the cheapest thing in the world though, especially in the 250ml bottles used on services 😂

The 5 litre Motrio stuff isn’t too bad either, wasn’t too badly priced from memory but things could have changed in the two years since I left.

Comment

Angelwax Clarity is excellent

https://angelwax.com/clarity-super-c...ed-screenwash/

Comment

Thanks guys, will take a look at prices and availability etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X