My Megane RS 280

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Megane RS 280

Hej guys, here I am presenting my long awaited car to you. It's a 280 with EDC, standard suspension. The reason I went for this is, because the car is being used as a dailydriver and I wanted to have a little bit smoother ride then the Trophy gives. I haven't tried the CUP thou, as Renault in my place didn't have it as a test car, but I compared standard with Trophy and Trophy was significantly stiffer drive.
    So we went for standard and the car still handles like a dream, specially in long fast curves.
    If you would like to know anything else about the car, feel free to ask.

IMG_20200122_154043.jpgIMG_20200221_162253.jpg
    I've had a grey Thule MotinXT roofbox and decided if I'm gonna use it on this car, it should be in appropriate colour IMG_20200328_144613.jpg

Summer set

IMG_20200406_184726.jpg

superb

Comment

Very nice matey ☺ 👍

Comment

Excellent, thanks for posting.

Comment

what a great colour.. nice
          2019 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300 EDC

Comment

Looks great the 18” wheels great upgrade

Comment

Lovely. Best colour

Comment

I like the 18" wheel on these, much simpler design than the 19". FR is a great colour too.

Comment

Love it . I'm in the process of buying a flame red myself (waiting for the dealer to service and prep).

Would you mind taking a picture of how the thule rack mounts to the roof of the car please? I need a rack to transport a mountain bikes and am wondering how the paintwork is protected at the top of the doors?

Comment

Looks good, best colour too! Also interested in the roof rack set up, more details please!

Comment

Looks sweet with the roof rack and box on. Cant get them for the mk3 rs 😣

Comment

Hej guys, sorry for the late response. The rack setup is as follows.

The clamps are Thule Rapid system 754 with Thule fastening Kit 141829. I had the clamps on my 2009 Scenic before and it was unnecessary to change them, but I had to order the new fastening kit, because the roof shape is a bit different to Scenic.
                        The bars are Thule Wingbar and the box is Thule Motion XT xl. The box was originally grey, but i had it repainted in flame red.

Unfortunately I don't have a closeup picture of how it sits on the roof, but I can say that I didn't have any damage on the paint on either of my cars when I had the box on the roof. We did a 5000km trip with Scenic 2 years ago without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrchelavi View Post
                          Hej guys, sorry for the late response. The rack setup is as follows.

The clamps are Thule Rapid system 754 with Thule fastening Kit 141829. I had the clamps on my 2009 Scenic before and it was unnecessary to change them, but I had to order the new fastening kit, because the roof shape is a bit different to Scenic.
                          The bars are Thule Wingbar and the box is Thule Motion XT xl. The box was originally grey, but i had it repainted in flame red.

Unfortunately I don't have a closeup picture of how it sits on the roof, but I can say that I didn't have any damage on the paint on either of my cars when I had the box on the roof. We did a 5000km trip with Scenic 2 years ago without any problems.

Thanks for the information Mrchelavi. Can't wait to get my Flame Red Trophy EDC next week

Comment

No worries mate. Just remembered one more thing. Thule Rapid system 754 is an old model clamp and they don't sell them any more. It's changed by Thule EVO clamp

Comment

Working...
                            X