Why your first post-lockdown drive should be a track day | Autocar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meg#3 View Post

This is why I enjoyed the Renault trackdays so much. A group of generally like
    minded people enjoying their cars, and with the paid tuition and offer of driving the new cars (with tuition again), they were excellent value and pretty much as safe a trackday as you could hope for and you simply get to enjoy the car you love. In fact the “having to drive home” part keeps it all sensible too - after all, there are no medals to be won.

What are the chances of a Renault day in 2021? Does anyone know?
    This isn’t official but my feeling sadly the company have CAFE targets to hit and EV/Hybrids to sell so as others said that ship has most definitely sailed.

Comment

Originally posted by Germy View Post
      I'll be arranging two dates at Llandow with another club I'm with if anyone wanted to jump on those? We try and make them members only for the same reason mentioned above.
      Likely to be April and September (lock down permitted)
      Happy to open it up to people in the same mindset (there for the experience and to learn) the TDs I managed to do in 2020 were absolutely packed with idiots more interested in getting a drift photo than anything else (resulting in a few nasty incidents)
      Sounds good, keep us posted.

Comment

After three consecutive cancellations thanks to lockdown #2, #3 and #3 extension, I’m giving it another try for my post-lockdown (proper) drive: booked an afternoon/evening session at Brands on Apr 28th (through MSV)... if anyone around the Southeast is interested to join... although no guarantees... that’s something I got used to accept.

Comment

Now that wee nippy is finally starting to loosen the leash in Scotland, Trackdays are back on the cards. I've booked myself onto 6th May evening session at Knockhill. Absolutely cannot wait. Its been a year now since I have been able to go out and have a little fun. Hopefully it'll light the spark again for the car, I think I've done under 2k miles in a year.

I'm also hoping that restrictions get better that I can get to a few other tracks, which was the plan for last year.

Comment

Originally posted by evojkp View Post
            Now that wee nippy is finally starting to loosen the leash in Scotland, Trackdays are back on the cards. I've booked myself onto 6th May evening session at Knockhill. Absolutely cannot wait. Its been a year now since I have been able to go out and have a little fun. Hopefully it'll light the spark again for the car, I think I've done under 2k miles in a year.

I'm also hoping that restrictions get better that I can get to a few other tracks, which was the plan for last year.
            You did well and don’t let it slip... you never know if we get told again to stay local... on our drive!

Comment

Originally posted by anw280 View Post

You did well and don’t let it slip... you never know if we get told again to stay local... on our drive!
              Mate if wee nippy goes back down that route again, then I give up. May as well lock me up now, coz I've genuinely had enough. Hopefully she will be history within the next week anyway. One can only hope.

Comment

Working...
              X