No announcement yet.

Today I realise why I’ve stuck with German for so long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is that tyre they have fitted? A Triangle??

Comment

Originally posted by doncarlyon View Post
      What is that tyre they have fitted? A Triangle??
      Oh don’t even! That’s another argument I’ve had. May as well use them up then fit Michelin’s!

Comment

Did they actually fit that tyre without asking you first?

It's the sort of tyre i'd expect a back street garage to fit to a 15yr old corsa

Comment

Originally posted by doncarlyon View Post
          Did they actually fit that tyre without asking you first?

It's the sort of tyre i'd expect a back street garage to fit to a 15yr old corsa
          Long story but in a word yes. There were two new Triangles on when I picked it up.

Comment

Lol I had to google Triangle, had no idea what it was It's shocking they done that.
            2019 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300 EDC
            2020 VW T-Cross SEL
            2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
            2007 Renault Megane 2
            ------------------------------------------
            Sports cars are difficult to justify, but easy to love

Comment

Originally posted by GeoBog View Post
              Lol I had to google Triangle, had no idea what it was It's shocking they done that.
              I funnily enough come from a family in the tyre industry (shops and recycling). Triangle are absolute tripe!

Comment

Originally posted by StuartK View Post

Long story but in a word yes. There were two new Triangles on when I picked it up.
                You seem strangely calm about this situation, I'd be absolutely fuming by this point and demanding a brand new replacement wheel and two original spec tyres fitting.

Why did they replace the tyre without asking you first? Something doesn't add up there.

Comment

Originally posted by resolve10 View Post

You seem strangely calm about this situation, I'd be absolutely fuming by this point and demanding a brand new replacement wheel and two original spec tyres fitting.

Why did they replace the tyre without asking you first? Something doesn't add up there.
                  Still not had an answer. Based on the agg I’ve had in past the point of daring I’ll just sort the tyres myself. They have paid for a new wheel.

Lifes short mate no point getting all angry over it.
                  Last edited by StuartK; 03-03-21, 14:22.

Comment

Originally posted by resolve10 View Post

100% agree with this. Why would a dealer fit a tyre without speaking to the customer first? The customer can always state that they didnt ask for it and thus refuse to pay for it? Weird doesnt cover it.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadvanMatt View Post

100% agree with this. Why would a dealer fit a tyre without speaking to the customer first? The customer can always state that they didnt ask for it and thus refuse to pay for it? Weird doesnt cover it.
                      Here’s what I think happened:

Faulty TPMS sensor is on rear passenger wheel. They accidentally investigated rear drivers side wheel. Removed tyre, realised they were looking at wrong wheel and put tyre back on. Judging by damage to wheel I think they tore the bead. So fitted a new tyre. When I asked why they had they just said “maybe it was out of shape so replaced for safety”.

At this point I was so angry I wanted out of there before I murdered someone!

Comment

looking at the first pic, top left damage. I would say they kerbed the wheel and probably ripped the tyre.
                        at which point they have replaced it hoping you wouldnt notice the kerbing rash.
                        Last edited by SlowTKL; 03-03-21, 14:32.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowTKL View Post
                          looking at the first pic, top left damage. I would say they kerbed the wheel and probably ripped the tyre.
                          at which point they have replaced it hoping you wouldnt notice the kerbing rash.

I really find it hard to believe any self respecting car dealer could think they could replace a Bridgestone Tyre with a Triangle tyre and then think the customer wouldn’t notice? Really? If it was my wife's car, maybe (actually probably) but not the owner of a performance car (who are generally enthusiasts and would spot these details. Why not replace it with a Bridgestone tyre to reduce risk? Seems very odd.
                          I wonder if a mechanic took it out and damaged the wheel tyre (as slow TKL mentions above). And then reluctant to tell the Garage owner what he had done, replaced the tyre with the cheapest one he could get (a Triangle one).

God this is like a good episode of ‘Murder she wrote’ (a guilty pleasure for me if I’m being honest)

Comment

Originally posted by StuartK View Post

I funnily enough come from a family in the tyre industry (shops and recycling). Triangle are absolute tripe!
                            It's almost like they know they are, calling something know for being somewhat round a triangle......

Comment

Originally posted by BreadvanMatt View Post

I really find it hard to believe any self respecting car dealer could think they could replace a Bridgestone Tyre with a Triangle tyre and then think the customer wouldn’t notice? Really? If it was my wife's car, maybe (actually probably) but not the owner of a performance car (who are generally enthusiasts and would spot these details. Why not replace it with a Bridgestone tyre to reduce risk? Seems very odd.
                              I wonder if a mechanic took it out and damaged the wheel tyre (as slow TKL mentions above). And then reluctant to tell the Garage owner what he had done, replaced the tyre with the cheapest one he could get (a Triangle one).

God this is like a good episode of ‘Murder she wrote’ (a guilty pleasure for me if I’m being honest)
                              Nope they replaced both rears with Triangle before I collected it from them. Then replace one with another new Triangle. Another argument I had about crap tyres.

Wasnt bothered because Triangle or Bridgestone both will be going on a skip as both are rubbish.
                              Last edited by StuartK; 03-03-21, 18:51.

Comment

That could be a plausible scenario. If it ripped the tyre it was likely a powerful impact with the kerb, you should get the tracking checked also.
                                2019 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300 EDC
                                2020 VW T-Cross SEL
                                2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
                                2007 Renault Megane 2
                                ------------------------------------------
                                Sports cars are difficult to justify, but easy to love

Comment

Working...
                                X