Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DESS system issues - owners post here (actis solution 60533)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DESS system issues - owners post here (actis solution 60533)

right this seems to be taking off a bit so lets just have a list of owners/cars with DESS issues so it is to hand for when we need info to tell RUK...

so please post your details as below -

1. si - 19 plate 300edc - 3600mls - battery voltage dropping had to charge before it would start 1x - so far ok if left with smart charger on

2. Kit - 19 plate 300 manual - 5170 miles. Doesn't hold enough charge, had to jump 3 times in short space (1 rac recovery) + multiple battery related warnings.

3. Dan - 19 Plate EDC - 1300 miles or so, Had battery replaced before collection brand new, RAC out Boxing Day to jump start, battery flat March but jumped and going, battery flat again April, used CTek charger and charged to 100%, still won’t start due to multiple warning lights etc, R Link unit locked out as now in anti theft mode and Dash tells me to press clutch and start button 👍🏻

4. andy - August 2019 300 Trophy Manual - battery was flat at dealership on collection day - They said they had charged it and tested it ok . Asked for a replacement but refused - has gone flat I. Me 3 times whilst out and about , needed jump starting first time by a family member . Taken to carrying a portable jump pack everywhere after that and had to use it twice to rescue myself - car not used for 4 days totally flat in garage . Jumped and drive for an hour . Completely dead within 5 mins of getting home - repeat x3 before giving up - bought a 2amp battery charger to try and get some charge in . Took 2 days on different modes . Car now starts but dashboard warning lights all on and drivers door mirror no longer working ..

5. George - early July 19 plate, Trophy 300 EDC, 7800 miles. Not had non-starting issues so far but I keep mine in the garage on trickle charger most of the time. If I take off the charger and open the door for a few minutes or the boot to get stuff battery goes down to 12V very fast and I get the "Start engine" message on the dash. Not to mention that I can't even use the parking mode on my dash cam because the battery monitor shuts it down in a few minutes after stopping the engine. Renault need to offer customers a way of deactivating the brake regen so a standard 50Ah battery can be installed.

6. Jack - 19 plate 300 manual, 2,800 miles. Doesn't hold enough charge and multiple battery related warnings, unlock/lock and keycard warning issues too. See my other thread in the main forum for more detail.

7. steve - march 2020 300 - Just finished washing and hoovering the car. Was unlocked, no radio on or anything though, and just went to move it... nothing but a pulsing orange spanner light on the dash. Guess the wife isn’t getting her car washed next today.

8. ShyneUK - 19 plate, 300 Trophy, Manual. 5500 miles or so done, pre-owned. Only had the car for 2 months, bought from Renault dealer.
    Car won't start, had done a short journey to pick up a takeaway before this started. Needed to do another journey but car didn't start. Had a message on the dash say the battery was low in the past but just drove the car to charge it back up.

9. champion hero - 19 plate, 300 Trophy, Manual. Around 4500 miles and about 2 weeks of short journeys after lockdown before the battery went flat. Started the car twice, then left it with the hazards on whilst I popped to the butchers. Battery completely flat after 20 minutes. Car had to be jumped. So far that's the only failure, but I've seen that simply using the car just one or twice a week for a few miles is not enough to keep it charged - will often be able to tell by the slow auto-unlock/mirrors and requires a 'manual' press of the button. Other symptoms are when you go to open the boot/door and the alarm bleeps before it realises you're actually there. Seems a little drive for 30 minutes or so is enough to give it some juice for a week or so before you start seeing symptoms again.

10.rolyhicks - 19 plate Trophy 300 Manual. 7500 miles
    Sometimes have the "place key card by sensor" message and won't start, then does after a couple of minutes.
    Often get the "check hill start assist" etc blink up when started, then quickly disappears.
    Bought a jump starter pack a few weeks ago, had to use it once when car completely dead.
    Looking to get a trickle charger today as don't trust the car to hold charge for long.
    When it went in for service 2 months ago, the service guy told me they had seen the low battery warning and I should have it checked. Told him it was likely the DESS battery issue and he had no idea what I was talking about.

11. mfl - My20 RS300 Trophy EDC 3400km - daily driven
    random system warnings - EBS system failure warning Brake system error Auto-headlights stopped functioning
    Car didn't start once, but then restarted after about an hour when roadside assist turned up and restarted every time after until I got it to the dealer Battery replaced as dealer said was faulty
    Last edited by foxspeed; 04-09-20, 22:05.

2. Kit 19 plate 300 manual - 5170 miles. Doesn't hold enough charge, had to jump 3 times in short space (1 rac recovery) + multiple battery related warnings.

Comment

3. Dan - 19 Plate EDC - 1300 miles or so, Had battery replaced before collection brand new, RAC out Boxing Day to jump start, battery flat March but jumped and going, battery flat again April, used CTek charger and charged to 100%, still won’t start due to multiple warning lights etc, R Link unit locked out as now in anti theft mode and Dash tells me to press clutch and start button 👍🏻

Comment

August 2019
        Last edited by Andy Taylor; 10-09-20, 12:05.

Comment

George - early July 19 plate, Trophy 300 EDC, 7800 miles. Not had non-starting issues so far but I keep mine in the garage on trickle charger most of the time. If I take off the charger and open the door for a few minutes or the boot to get stuff battery goes down to 12V very fast and I get the "Start engine" message on the dash. Not to mention that I can't even use the parking mode on my dash cam because the battery monitor shuts it down in a few minutes after stopping the engine. When I bought the car I noticed that the negative terminal connector on the battery is scratched which means that the car had been jump started/charged by dealer using croc clamps.
          Renault need to offer customers a way of deactivating the brake regen so a standard 50Ah battery can be installed.
          Last edited by GeoBog; 04-05-20, 21:26.
          2019 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300 EDC
          2020 VW T-Cross SEL
          2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
          2007 Renault Megane 2
          ------------------------------------------
          Sports cars are difficult to justify, but easy to love

Comment

Jack - 19 plate 300 manual, 2,800 miles. Doesn't hold enough charge and multiple battery related warnings, unlock/lock and keycard warning issues too. See my other thread in the main forum for more detail.

Comment

thanks guys

anyone else????

Comment

There’s definitely a couple missing from here.

Last edited by Andy Taylor; 10-09-20, 12:05.

Comment

I assume that the answer will likely be replacing the capacitors and battery unit under warranty in the end. It'd be interesting to know if anyone has actually had that done already. Obviously things are understandably paused for the moment at dealers though...

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJack View Post
                    I assume that the answer will likely be replacing the capacitors and battery unit under warranty in the end. It'd be interesting to know if anyone has actually had that done already. Obviously things are understandably paused for the moment at dealers though...
                    Mine had a battery before I picked it up last year, although not sure if it was both bits or just the battery (I think probably just the battery rather than capacitors as well)

Comment

Most probably just the small 19Ah battery. The capacitors unit is the most expensive part of that battery.
                      2019 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300 EDC
                      2020 VW T-Cross SEL
                      2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
                      2007 Renault Megane 2
                      ------------------------------------------
                      Sports cars are difficult to justify, but easy to love

Comment

Just finished washing and hoovering the car. Was unlocked, no radio on or anything though, and just went to move it... nothing but a pulsing orange spanner light on the dash. Guess the wife isn’t getting her car washed next today.

March 2020 Trophy 300

Steve

Comment

ShyneUK - 19 plate, 300 Trophy, Manual. 5500 miles or so done, pre-owned. Only had the car for 2 months, bought from Renault dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by ShyneUK View Post
                            ShyneUK - 19 plate, 300 Trophy, Manual. 5500 miles or so done, pre-owned. Only had the car for 2 months, bought from Renault dealer.
                            and whats been wrong with it?

Comment

Car won't start, had done a short journey to pick up a takeaway before this started. Needed to do another journey but car didn't start. Had a message on the dash say the battery was low in the past but just drove the car to charge it back up.

Comment

Working...
                              X