Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DESS system issues - owners post here (actis solution 60533)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Champion Hero View Post

That's still with the original one - it was booked to go in this coming weekend. Its obviously past the point where it can hold a charge for long though.
    I've mentioned the Actis solution to them and they've looked it up and said that it apparently changes something to do with the charge cycles and may be able to bring mine back with a reflash. We'll have to see though.
    Kinda hoping they just put a new battery in at this point though.
    Sounds like a new battery is the best option for you

Comment

• Another flat battery, the last battery was replaced in August 2020, got the car in May 2020, so 3 months on the first battery and 6 months on this one, and of course the dealer will be busy - not impressed. and by the way, there is no cold weather here, 90% of my trips are at least 40 minutes long , and I don't spend time listening to music in the car , if waiting for someone, I wouldn't dare to.
      Last edited by mfl; 07-03-21, 07:31.
      2019 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300 EDC

Comment

• I've got the 280 cup which I bought new in july 2018 so it has a standard lead acid battery.

We picked the car up with 4 miles on the clock and the start engine message showing. The dealer said it was just because of all the starting and stopping on and off of transporters etc, right, ok!

Nearly 3 years on and the low battery start engine is a constant companion. During this pandemic time, leaving it just one week between using it is enough for it to come on, or during washing/drying and having the doors/boot opened and closed is enough for it to come on. It's been serviced twice now and each time Ive mentioned the battery but they always say it checks out fine.

Oh and as for the weekly shopping trip, which is all it gets at the minute 🙁 it may only be 3 miles to get there but it ALWAYS goes the long way home, approx 18 miles but it must not be enough.

Luckily the car shares a garage and smart charger with my bike so its usually ok. I really feel for the trophy owners with no garage. The small weight saving that renault achieved by fitting the dess system to the trophy was probably a mistake they don't want to admit 🤔

Comment

• Originally posted by Minty View Post
          I've got the 280 cup which I bought new in july 2018 so it has a standard lead acid battery.
          The small weight saving that renault achieved by fitting the dess system to the trophy was probably a mistake they don't want to admit 🤔
          Also a very expensive mistake I suspect!
          It’s a real pity because it’s taken the gloss off the Mk4, which is a well engineered car apart from this issue, which has had a very negative impact.
          The issue could easily have been avoided by using well proven lithium ion battery tech as the lightweight option for the Trophy & Trophy-R.

Comment

• Maybe Renault should just give all Trophy owners something like this to keep in the car, although it negates the weight savings, but so does the jack, wheel wrench and tire repair kit I have in the car.

Comment

• Originally posted by mfl View Post
              Maybe Renault should just give all Trophy owners something like this to keep in the car, although it negates the weight savings, but so does the jack, wheel wrench and tire repair kit I have in the car.

haha indeed! I did think that! Although I didn't get a jack/wrench in mine!?

Update on my side - it seems the 2nd cut out and jump ended up blowing a injector module which is why it wouldn't start up again after. Wondering if it went before the jump or after tbh, especially seeing as it just cut out whilst pulling out the drive..

So, new injector module should be going in today hopefully. Apparently Renault have shown interest in investigating the battery - although I've been told they rebuild them rather than give a new one!?

​​​​​Will see how this pans out. As others have said, apart from this issue (and a few minor body issues), I've been very impressed so far. Just hope this doesn't taint the overall ownership...

Comment

haha indeed! I did think that! Although I didn't get a jack/wrench in mine!?
                the jack and wrench, came from a wreckers yards - a Megane station wagon from memory, just dropped them into the empty slots under the rear mat..

Comment

So, new injector module should be going in today hopefully. Apparently Renault have shown interest in investigating the battery - although I've been told they rebuild them rather than give a new one!?
                  There is a 19ah lead acid battery inside the unit that is replaceable. So new lead acid battery, but re-used caps/case.
                  2019 Renault Megane RS30
                  2012 Nissan Micra DIG-S

Comment

• With time on my hands and google, I keep toying with trading in for a new trophy, I really do like the new interior with actual real buttons and a much improved fascia but this battery issue is putting me off.

I've never traded a car in for the exact same model but I do like this car, well apart from the wipers, I'll do a seperate post, I would have liked the sunroof, dct and maybe liquid yellow.

I wonder what the manufacturers will do with the looming 2030 deadline, will they have a last hurrah, in which case do you wait and see or is this the end now🤔

Comment

• Originally posted by mfl View Post

the jack and wrench, came from a wreckers yards - a Megane station wagon from memory, just dropped them into the empty slots under the rear mat..
                      I thought of doing the same but then what do you do once the car is on the jack and the wheel is off......there's no spare to go on so you are still stranded.

Comment

• you keep a spare in the boot... simples
                        2020 VW T-Cross SEL
                        2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
                        2007 Renault Megane 2
                        ------------------------------------------
                        Sports cars are difficult to justify, but easy to love

Comment

• Originally posted by notfub View Post

I thought of doing the same but then what do you do once the car is on the jack and the wheel is off......there's no spare to go on so you are still stranded.
                          When I'm in the city I have the puncture repair kit in the boot, and when heading out of town, I put one of my spare rims/tires in the boot. Yes it does mean if its a front tire, I swap the front and rear around, but thats the same as a space saver, in case of a puncture
                          Last edited by mfl; 12-03-21, 04:47.

Comment

• Two months into ownership now and after a couple of wobbles, it's finally let me down completely. It made a laboured attempt to fire up the starter motor and then refused to do anything more, and is now stuck in a reboot loop displaying the (rather specific) error messages 'childlocks decativated' and 'rear electric windows unlocked' !!

Worse still I attempted to jump start it from the wife's Mini but it made no difference.

Totally unacceptable for a 12 month old car. Have had to let down a customer I was supposed to be visiting this afternoon.

Comment

• Get it into a dealership asap, quote the info in the first post on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by resolve10 View Post
                                Two months into ownership now and after a couple of wobbles, it's finally let me down completely. It made a laboured attempt to fire up the starter motor and then refused to do anything more, and is now stuck in a reboot loop displaying the (rather specific) error messages 'childlocks decativated' and 'rear electric windows unlocked' !!

Worse still I attempted to jump start it from the wife's Mini but it made no difference.

Totally unacceptable for a 12 month old car. Have had to let down a customer I was supposed to be visiting this afternoon.
                                How have you got on with your situation?
                                2019 Renault Megane RS30
                                2012 Nissan Micra DIG-S

Comment

Working...
                                X