Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DESS system issues - owners post here (actis solution 60533)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShyneUK View Post
    Car won't start, had done a short journey to pick up a takeaway before this started. Needed to do another journey but car didn't start. Had a message on the dash say the battery was low in the past but just drove the car to charge it back up.
    added to the lsit

Comment

Add me to the list. 19 plate, 300 Trophy, Manual.
      Around 4500 miles and about 2 weeks of short journeys after lockdown before the battery went flat. Started the car twice, then left it with the hazards on whilst I popped to the butchers. Battery completely flat after 20 minutes. Car had to be jumped.

So far that's the only failure, but I've seen that simply using the car just one or twice a week for a few miles is not enough to keep it charged - will often be able to tell by the slow auto-unlock/mirrors and requires a 'manual' press of the button. Other symptoms are when you go to open the boot/door and the alarm bleeps before it realises you're actually there.

Seems a little drive for 30 minutes or so is enough to give it some juice for a week or so before you start seeing symptoms again.

Comment

Originally posted by Champion Hero View Post
        Add me to the list. 19 plate, 300 Trophy, Manual.
        Around 4500 miles and about 2 weeks of short journeys after lockdown before the battery went flat. Started the car twice, then left it with the hazards on whilst I popped to the butchers. Battery completely flat after 20 minutes. Car had to be jumped.

So far that's the only failure, but I've seen that simply using the car just one or twice a week for a few miles is not enough to keep it charged - will often be able to tell by the slow auto-unlock/mirrors and requires a 'manual' press of the button. Other symptoms are when you go to open the boot/door and the alarm bleeps before it realises you're actually there.

Seems a little drive for 30 minutes or so is enough to give it some juice for a week or so before you start seeing symptoms again.
        added to the list

Comment

Please add me to the post.....
          19 plate Trophy 300 Manual. 7500 miles
          Sometimes have the "place key card by sensor" message and won't start, then does after a couple of minutes.
          Often get the "check hill start assist" etc blink up when started, then quickly disappears.
          Bought a jump starter pack a few weeks ago, had to use it once when car completely dead.
          Looking to get a trickle charger today as don't trust the car to hold charge for long.
          When it went in for service 2 months ago, the service guy told me they had seen the low battery warning and I should have it checked. Told him it was likely the DESS battery issue and he had no idea what I was talking about.

Comment

add me to the post.
            My20 RS300 Trophy EDC 3400km - daily driven
            random system warnings -
            EBS system failure warning
            Brake system error
            Auto-headlights stopped functioning
            Car didn't start once, but then restarted after about an hour when roadside assist turned up and restarted every time after until I got it to the dealer
            Battery replaced as dealer said was faulty
            2019 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300 EDC

Comment

Can I just confirm. Was the DESS battery Optional or is it standard on all Trophies. Mine doesn’t have the label on the air filter intake so wonder if it’s a standard battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Meg#3 View Post
                Can I just confirm. Was the DESS battery Optional or is it standard on all Trophies. Mine doesn’t have the label on the air filter intake so wonder if it’s a standard battery.
                Standard on the Trophy

Comment

Some of the Trophy cars did not have a DESS sticker on the air feed pipe and the sticker had to be fitted at PDI or prior to delivery.
                  PM me your chassis number & I will check if your car is affected.

Comment

I can confirm, all Trophies come with DESS battery standard. I also don't have the sticker on the intake pipe, but doesn't bother me too much.
                    2019 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300 EDC
                    2020 VW T-Cross SEL
                    2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
                    2007 Renault Megane 2
                    ------------------------------------------
                    Sports cars are difficult to justify, but easy to love

Comment

Further to the above, my car went into the dealer the other day and they confirmed the DESS battery was faulty. Ordered a new one and being fitted next week.

Comment

Hello all there is an ACTIS solution to update the software that looks after the battery and it’s charge cycles. The solution can be applied to all Trophies built prior to may 2020
                        As the ‘eyes’ of Renault I’ve already reported the combined issues to Renault sport and our engineering team. It’s now the number one RS issue for our market (34 warranty claims over 500+ cars however)
                        I hope we can have more information about the system and apart from chargers what we can do to maintain the battery.

barnaby

Comment

Originally posted by Bman2206 View Post
                          Hello all there is an ACTIS solution to update the software that looks after the battery and it’s charge cycles. The solution can be applied to all Trophies built prior to may 2020
                          As the ‘eyes’ of Renault I’ve already reported the combined issues to Renault sport and our engineering team. It’s now the number one RS issue for our market (34 warranty claims over 500+ cars however)
                          I hope we can have more information about the system and apart from chargers what we can do to maintain the battery.

barnaby
                          could you let us know the actis number/chassis number to-from in case owners come across the usual "dont know nothing about it" service response!
                          Last edited by foxspeed; 17-10-20, 08:26.

Comment

Originally posted by foxspeed View Post

could you let us know the actis number/chassis number to-from in case owners come across the usual "dont know nothing about it" service response!
                            That's a good idea. Before I collected my 2nd hand Trophy from the dealers, they said the battery had already been replaced under warranty BUT did not know about the software update. It took them several days to find out and apply the update in the end, but it seems any non RS dealer will be unaware, so a little heads up would do the dealer staff and customer some good.

Comment

Apologies should have added it on original post
                              Solution number is 60533. I’ll look at build dates when im back online Monday

Barnaby

Comment

Originally posted by Bman2206 View Post
                                Apologies should have added it on original post
                                Solution number is 60533. I’ll look at build dates when im back online Monday

Barnaby
                                top job thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X