Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DESS system issues - owners post here (actis solution 60533)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bman2206 View Post

I’ll double check the car at work tomorrow but I’m sure the new RS300 has the same DESS battery as all phase 1 trophies.
    Did you manage to find out if the new 300 is a DESS battery and if not is possible to fit a standard battery to the p2 trophy?

Comment

Mark

apologies the new 300 sport was moved to our training, Its fitted with a standard lead acid battery.
      At the moment the RS team are still advising only able to fit a lead acid battery in case of emergency to get the car to a dealer for a new DESS battery to be fitted, it is not possible to leave the lead acid fitted all the time.

i will add having run 2 trophies phase 2 for testing we have no issues at all with the modified software and DESS batteries and both cars have sat for up to 10 days and driven hard for short periods in our testing programmes.
      Last edited by Bman2206; 04-11-20, 09:28.

Comment

Thanks Barnaby,

Just out of curiosity is the DESS battery covered for the 5 year warranty period because it could get very expensive if not?

Comment

Mark

apologies the new 300 sport was moved to our training, Its fitted with a standard lead acid battery.
          Mr B, can you share the details (Ah and CCA) of the standard LA battery on the new cars and manufacturer/part no? Ideally if you had a photo of one? Much appreciated.

2019 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300 EDC
          2020 VW T-Cross SEL
          2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
          2007 Renault Megane 2
          ------------------------------------------
          Sports cars are difficult to justify, but easy to love

Comment

Originally posted by Mark250 View Post
            Thanks Barnaby,

Just out of curiosity is the DESS battery covered for the 5 year warranty period because it could get very expensive if not?
            Yea the battery is covered under the 5 year warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoBog View Post

Mr B, can you share the details (Ah and CCA) of the standard LA battery on the new cars and manufacturer/part no? Ideally if you had a photo of one? Much appreciated.
              Hello Geobog
              I don’t have access to the car at the moment as it’s locked down in our Doncaster training centre.
              I’ll have a look tomorrow and see if I can get the info from the import centre team or Our team in France.

Comment

Yea the battery is covered under the 5 year warranty.
                That’s a bit more reassuring knowing I will not end up with a bill for £700 or £800 what ever the battery costs over the 5 years if it packs up

Comment

That’s a bit more reassuring knowing I will not end up with a bill for £700 or £800 what ever the battery costs over the 5 years if it packs up
                  Unless you have a car thats only got a 3 year warranty
                  2019 Renault Megane RS30
                  2012 Nissan Micra DIG-S

Comment

Originally posted by SplanK View Post

Unless you have a car thats only got a 3 year warranty
                    you should have very little issues if you have battery charger and keep it maintained. while we have alot of club owners having issues compared to sales its about 10% that have experienced a failure.

If you do have a failure outside of warranty we will always try to help.
                    Last edited by Bman2206; 06-11-20, 12:06.

Comment

Been reading through the various posts and the issue (my understanding is) affects Trophy owners because of this new DESS battery... does this mean that us, 280 owners, are immune thanks to good old fashion tech and maybe a few antibodies?

Comment

Originally posted by anw280 View Post
                        Been reading through the various posts and the issue (my understanding is) affects Trophy owners because of this new DESS battery... does this mean that us, 280 owners, are immune thanks to good old fashion tech and maybe a few antibodies?
                        Yes any 280 & any new 300 non trophy is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Raghza View Post
                          After the battery running empty on the weekend during a car wash, today this software update was applied to my car.
                          I can report this weekend, if it helped or not.
                          Reporting: Did not help at all. Now hoping that I'm finally able to get a replacement battery, as mine is obviously bad. Car won't start after 1-2 minutes sitting with the doors open (radio off, all lights turned off).

EDIT: Battery replacement scheduled.
                          Last edited by Raghza; 16-11-20, 08:20.

Comment

I think it's probably the case that the solution might help prevent a good battery from going bad, but won't fix an already dodgy one. If thata right then really they should be replacing batteries at the same time as implementing the solution. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Comment

I still struggle to see what advantages this DESS battery brings over a normal battery except a few KGs

Comment

I still struggle to see what advantages this DESS battery brings over a normal battery except a few KGs
                                A 4.5 kg weight saving to be precise, so definitely not insignificant if you track the car. Although the option of a high quality lithium ion battery, with a clearly stated trickle charging maintenance routine would have saved significantly more weight. Probably would have saved Renaultsport a lot more money in the long run as well!

Comment

Working...
                                X