Who's mapped their 280 Cup ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's mapped their 280 Cup ?

Considering remapping this year along with other parts as finances allow. Wondering who has remapped already and what, safe, power gains have they seen ?

These chaps swear they got the quickest RS in UK (seems to be a 280 at the base, not a Trophy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZE1VQYXuvw
    2019 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300 EDC
    2020 VW T-Cross SEL
    2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
    2007 Renault Megane 2
    ------------------------------------------
    Sports cars are difficult to justify, but easy to love

Comment

I've seen this one, some lovely power gains, shame about the driver attitude. The exhaust would start to get a little grating for me.

I'd be interested to know how much involvement KTR still have in this motor, outside of supplying and fitting parts. I believe it was their first one and was the test vehicle for parts. It would make marketing sense for them to make sure it doesn't implode just yet.

I want the power and mods to be a little more discreet. It is interesting about the hybridised turbo as I think that is a significant difference between the 280 and Trophy, or am I wrong ?

I would like to achieve over 300bhp, say 320 but it be safe on the engine and usable on the Road - safer overtakes etc..

Comment

I also have a remap on my 2021 wish list for my 280 and I may consider the K-Tec stage 1 option, although to have it done by them it’ll mean a 200 miles round trip.
        Unless you went through it already, some time ago I started a thread on mods...

https://www.renaultsportclub.co.uk/f...ike#post133175

Once done (unless for some reason I change my mind), I plan to follow up there with first impressions.
        Last edited by anw280; 21-02-21, 21:24.

Comment

I have thought about a map but am hesitant as it is still under the 5 year Renault warranty. I wonder do you risk your warrantly if you start mapping it or any other mods. My assumption is you would?

Comment

The warranty is definitely something one have to consider, having said that, a remap is a pretty subtle mod with no physical component being involved as opposed to, say, adding an induction kit.
            And, like or not, a remap can be easily wiped by an ecu reset whether you ask for it or because the Renault service deem it necessary.

Comment

anw280 Yup read through that post, Your wish list is very similar to mine. I'm hoping to get braided brake hoses and race fluid added at this years service as the brake fluid apparently should be changed as per the service intervals.

I think warranty fears is a big issue with improving these cars at the moment which may be hampering development and prices.

I look forward to any updates regarding what people get done this year.

Comment

KTR do not do the tune for the car. They will supply and fit this but the actual tune is from RS Tuning in Leeds.
                I spoke to them about the map and they are asking £475 + VAT for a rolling road session and tune.

You will get circa 330 from a Stage 1 tune with this and obviously a wealth of knowledge and experience, this applies to both a Trophy and 280

The 280 has a different turbo but is still capable of the same level of tune. The limit is the internals and the exhaust.
                For more power, you will need decat / sports cat and air filter then hybrid turbo internals.

KTR can do all this for a cost and then us RS tuning for the remap.

Comment

Originally posted by anw280 View Post
                  The warranty is definitely something one have to consider, having said that, a remap is a pretty subtle mod with no physical component being involved as opposed to, say, adding an induction kit.
                  And, like or not, a remap can be easily wiped by an ecu reset whether you ask for it or because the Renault service deem it necessary.
                  Thanks for this. 100% agree on the Renault Service wiping out any remap. My car has gone back several times to Renault and I was told it was for 'Software updates / recalls' and I'd imagine an ECU reset would/could be done as part of this.

Comment

Usually, a software update and/or reset doesn't reset the coding, so in theory a remap would not be affected nor noticed by the dealer, if they intentionally don't check all the engine parameters.
                    But it's surely something you can't be 100% certain of.

Comment

Not sure if Renault have this facility but any remap might invalidate the warranty if the coding leaves any traces in the ECU. I know VW had their infamous TD1 flag on the GTIs when I had mine and some dealers were voiding the warranty at the first service after they read the TD1 code.
                      2019 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300 EDC
                      2020 VW T-Cross SEL
                      2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
                      2007 Renault Megane 2
                      ------------------------------------------
                      Sports cars are difficult to justify, but easy to love

Comment

Originally posted by BreadvanMatt View Post

Thanks for this. 100% agree on the Renault Service wiping out any remap. My car has gone back several times to Renault and I was told it was for 'Software updates / recalls' and I'd imagine an ECU reset would/could be done as part of this.
                        The software updates do not touch the map of the engine as paul locks it somehow.
                        I had this with my mk3 it was going in for some maintenance when still under warranty and I asked him, he said they wouldn't knackered the map.

also as for warranty work, you will have to be very unlucky for your car to break and the garage check the software has had a map AND that the map was somehow the cause of the failure.

Just go get it mapped and thrash the nuts off of it, life is to short.

Comment

When Carl first got his 280 he went straight to RS tuning and I think on a stage 1 no mods it was running about 320 bhp

Comment

That's the sort of figure I'd be very happy with, and I'm planning on a resonated exhaust but with a sports Cat.

Cheers for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoBog View Post
                              These chaps swear they got the quickest RS in UK (seems to be a 280 at the base, not a Trophy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZE1VQYXuvw
                              Is it just me but have those guys just ruined that RS. Seems to be a bit of a laugh for short journeys but I'd imagine for long journeys the drivability would be impacted severely and surely other engine parts will start to go based on stresses / pressure increases...but maybe I missing the point..... like others have said hear, something in the 300~320bhp would be nice and yet not impact the character of the car too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X