No announcement yet.

Who's mapped their 280 Cup ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1.8 in the meg is a very torquey engine. so much so that its one of the highest outputs in NM for its size, if not the highest.
    Ive got the cup 280 and i spin the wheels all the time grabbing at traction, i would like a 300 - 330 map when the warranty runs out but 400 must be so undrivable from a stand still. This would only really be usable on a motorway in gear.

I wonder if the RS monitor compensates for the power increase, probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadvanMatt View Post

Is it just me but have those guys just ruined that RS. Seems to be a bit of a laugh for short journeys but I'd imagine for long journeys the drivability would be impacted severely and surely other engine parts will start to go based on stresses / pressure increases...but maybe I missing the point..... like others have said hear, something in the 300~320bhp would be nice and yet not impact the character of the car too much.
      I think it really depends on the power delivery. I havent watched the video as the presenter bloke was enough to put me off.

I had a mk1 Focus RS for years, took it from 240bhp when i bought it (with bluefin) up to 350bhp with a long list of mods including a hybrid turbo. It was a handful but no less so than when it was fairly standard. The main difference being that it just didnt back off at higher revs, never seemed to run out of steam.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowTKL View Post
        The 1.8 in the meg is a very torquey engine. so much so that its one of the highest outputs in NM for its size, if not the highest.
        Ive got the cup 280 and i spin the wheels all the time grabbing at traction, i would like a 300 - 330 map when the warranty runs out but 400 must be so undrivable from a stand still. This would only really be usable on a motorway in gear.

I wonder if the RS monitor compensates for the power increase, probably not.
        My megane is just shy of 400bhp, I run r888r tyres through the winter and on a dry day I have minimal traction issues in second when the tyres are warm, obviously it spins up if you use the throttle like a switch, but I always have my car in race mode with the extreme throttle map on. So no, it isnt un-useable from a stand still.

My car is a mk3 with a fully stock engine and clutch. On 235wide tyres

20200625_163201.jpg

105769031_4075963955779367_4200847803942249605_o.jpg
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Sirjakethebrit; 02-03-21, 20:44.

Comment

Anyone tuned the 300 Trophy as yet?

Comment

Working...
          X