Annoying volume behaviour with Android Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying volume behaviour with Android Auto

Hey, this is something I've been struggling from day one and I still haven't figured it out.
    So if I connect my Android phone to my '19 RS Trophy, it usually lowers the music volume for a second, letting me know that the phone's connected.
    However, sometimes it lowers the volume and keeps it there and when I try to raise the volume myself, it just raises the navigation guidance volume. And I haven't found a way to "go back" to the music volume to change that instead, so the only thing that works, is unplugging and replugging my phone. Sometimes it takes 3-4 reconnects to get things right.

I've had two Android phones meanwhile (Samsung and OnePlus) and it has been the same with both. The only app I use on Android Auto is Waze. And it makes no difference, whether I have Waze already set to some location or not, this thing is happening totally randomly.

So does anybody know what I'm talking about and perhaps there's a solution for this?
    If not, I can take a video to show you what I mean.
    Last edited by Raghza; 03-03-21, 07:23.

I've had issues with my Auto Android too recently. When I use the lead to connect my phone to the car it works and connects. But I'm unable to work Spoity from the Cars screen . The only way to change settings or shuffle through songs is to use the phone (which is dangerous). Wasnt always like this (spotify
    used to work fine when I got the car initially).

Comment

Hmm, I don't use Spotify at the moment so can't comment on that unfortunately.

I tried to take a video of my problem yesterday but ofcourse it was fine then.. maybe next time

Comment

Yeah, its weird. I conenct (using a small USB cable). I hit Auto Android and all the options come up (eventually). And I can hit Spotify and it opens. But then it stops. The last song played comes up on the screen but I can make it play. The play symbol is there but when I hit it, nothting happens. Maybe its a setting in phone (which is admittlly an old Samsung A5)

Comment

Originally posted by BreadvanMatt View Post
          Yeah, its weird. I conenct (using a small USB cable). I hit Auto Android and all the options come up (eventually). And I can hit Spotify and it opens. But then it stops. The last song played comes up on the screen but I can make it play. The play symbol is there but when I hit it, nothting happens. Maybe its a setting in phone (which is admittlly an old Samsung A5)
          Try unlocking the phone, usually this helps with any kind of unresponsiveness.
          Also, if you open up the settings in Android Auto and go to More Settings, which then opens the Android Auto settings on your phone screen, there's an option to "resume playback automatically" or sth like that. Maybe changing that could also help with your problem?

Comment

Thanks Raghza, I will try that on the Android Auto settings. It might addess my issue. The phone is 4years plus old and I'm due an upgrade so I was planning to that to as well.

BTW, when you connect to Android Auto, do you use the cable or Bluetooth?

Comment

If we're talking Waze and other apps, then our cars don't support Android Auto over air, unfortunately.
              So yes, it's cable management every time I get in the car

Comment

I get the same issue, low music volume and any attempt to adjust the volume from the steering column controls or the buttons next to the screen only affects the Nav volume.

Fortunately it's very rare, but mine is also a '19 plate Trophy. My phone is a 12 month old goigle pixel 4 and the music is paying via YouTube music

Comment

If you manage to find a solution, please let me know!
                  What I tried, was turning off "resume playback", didn't help.
                  Then I turned guidance sound off in Waze, I'll have to see if that helped.

I'm playing music over USB.

Comment

That didn't help, just had the same issue.
                    It also doesn't seem to matter, which Drive Mode or Profile I am in, if my phone is locked or unlocked during connecting or if I connect it right after starting the car or some time later.
                    Luckily it only happens about once in 3-4 times, but it's still annoying...

Comment

I have the same issue. If it goes on to nav volume only make a phone call to yourself, hang up and volume is restored to music.

Comment

Hmm, I haven't tried that, but that seems even more of a hassle than unplugging and replugging the phone
                        But thanks for the information, I will try it!

Comment

Working...
                        X