Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trophy 300 tyres

Hi all,

I'm currently looking at replacing the stock S001 tyres, since I've not been amazed by the fuel economy given and they've worn out really quickly, I was hoping if anyone had any input as to what's best!

I'm not looking for anything track biased as it's a daily driver and just want something that will wear a bit better and not let me fall off the road if I push on a bit every now and then!

Best tyres ive had, Nexen N8000. Great all rounder.
    Goodyear efficiantgrip are decent also, very good in the wet.

My conti sport contact 6's have worn very quick so wont be getting those again.
    Last edited by SlowTKL; 02-10-20, 17:57.

Comment

I have had Nexen SU1's on my previous cars, granted, not as powerful as the 300 (Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T and the Pulsar 1.6 DIG-T). I know they were getting difficult to get hold of in the last couple of years, they seem to have been replaced by the SU2's

They dont seem to 'fall off the cliff' in grip as they ware like some of the other brands and remain consistent throughout their life and didn't feel as though they were ever about t chuck me off the road. I will 100% be considering them again for my 300 when its time.

2019 Renault Megane RS30
      2012 Nissan Micra DIG-S

Comment

Originally posted by SplanK View Post
        I have had Nexen SU1's on my previous cars, granted, not as powerful as the 300 (Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T and the Pulsar 1.6 DIG-T). I know they were getting difficult to get hold of in the last couple of years, they seem to have been replaced by the SU2's

They dont seem to 'fall off the cliff' in grip as they ware like some of the other brands and remain consistent throughout their life and didn't feel as though they were ever about t chuck me off the road. I will 100% be considering them again for my 300 when its time.
        I've heard a few people rate the Nexen brand before, usually Merc owners to be fair! They seem reasonably priced too so may get a pair for the front just to see how they feel. I don't think I can stomach going UHP, Michelin and Goodyear I'm probably looking at £600/700 a full set! 🤯

Comment

Originally posted by SlowTKL View Post
          Best tyres ive had, Nexen N8000. Great all rounder.
          Goodyear efficiantgrip are decent also, very good in the wet.

My conti sport contact 6's have worn very quick so wont be getting those again.
          I've not seen any of those come up on camskill or tyre leader so I'm not sure they're an option sadly

Comment

19s might be an awkward fit. Im on 18 estorils so im ok.

Comment

I have Dunlop Maxx Sport rt2's on mine, swear by these tyres. Had them on a few cars and they don't break the bank price wise either

Comment

Originally posted by KippaSpeed View Post
                I have Dunlop Maxx Sport rt2's on mine, swear by these tyres. Had them on a few cars and they don't break the bank price wise either
                Can I ask how much you usually pay for them? I tend to always get my tyres online and they seem to be a very similar price to the Goodyear, Michelin offerings in 19 inch

Comment

Originally posted by OnlySCHUMI View Post
                  Hi all,

I'm currently looking at replacing the stock S001 tyres, since I've not been amazed by the fuel economy given and they've worn out really quickly, I was hoping if anyone had any input as to what's best!

I'm not looking for anything track biased as it's a daily driver and just want something that will wear a bit better and not let me fall off the road if I push on a bit every now and then!
                  I had Michelin PS4S on my Trophy 3. I managed 15k miles on them including 2 track days plus 2 Nurburgring trips and used them all year round. I can’t speak highly enough of them in terms of longevity, grip levels and all round use. They are still summer UHP tyres but not track focused so can be used all year round. there are some really good reviews on you tube channel Called “Tyre reviews” which sums things up really well. Obviously lots of people have different opinions, driving styles, budgets etc but my personal view is that Premium UHP tyres are best suited to the ultra high levels of performance our cars can achieve. This was made very apparent when I bought my previous 275 Trophy from a Renault dealership who put some mid range tyres on to sell. I couldnt wait to get them off - driving in February meant that the traction broke on anything approaching hard acceleration and on braking too. I thought it was akin to handicapping the car and I’d rather save the money somewhere else if I need to.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlySCHUMI View Post

Can I ask how much you usually pay for them? I tend to always get my tyres online and they seem to be a very similar price to the Goodyear, Michelin offerings in 19 inch
                    I must say that mine are 18" and were £20 per tyre cheaper than PS4's . I put the sport Maxx on a Laguna GT sport tourer I had before and they transformed the car to the extent that after a nice spirited drive I came away with a grin as it felt a lot more planted and sure footed than before. I know a Laguna isn't in the same league as an RS but you get the point.
                    I have a Mégane 4 GT 205 that has been played with a little and the sport Maxx done exactly the same thing to this over the original continentals that it had from new
                    Tyre choice is a personal thing but can work out expensive trying to find the right ones for you
                    Hope this has been of some help

Comment

I was thinking about trying the new Goodyear Supersports but have heard they're very stiff, so will probably go with P4S once my bridgestones are finished.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJack View Post
                        I was thinking about trying the new Goodyear Supersports but have heard they're very stiff, so will probably go with P4S once my bridgestones are finished.
                        I’ve got Goodyear supersports on the Clio and I mate them so far very gripy

Comment

I replaced the oem tyres with PS4S. Recommend them enough especially if you daily drive yours. Would not go cheap on tyres in a car like this tbf.
                          2019 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300 EDC
                          2020 VW T-Cross SEL
                          2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
                          2007 Renault Megane 2
                          ------------------------------------------
                          Sports cars are difficult to justify, but easy to love

Comment

Thought this was an interesting comparison.

https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Articl...-Tyre-Test.htm

Backs up the Michelin PS4S & Goodyear Super Sport recommendations above, plus gives a few alternative and slightly cheaper options (ignoring the Accelera obviously).

Comment

I'm interested to see how long the tyres last - I've got maintenance included in my lease so it doesnt really matter as its covered, but still like to see comparisons.

Comment

Working...
                              X