Trophy 300 tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mfl View Post

Where did you get the sensors from if you don't mind me asking, I've seen so many different versions on-line - some pre-programmed , other that don't but no direct answer on the Mk4s... and rare genuine ones that seem expensive on eBay.
    I don’t have the car or sensors yet but GeoBog said RPD or local dealer is your best bet

Comment

I just plumped for for Pilot Sport 4s. Had them on for 5 days so far and wow. Huge improvement over the Potenzas.

Comment

Originally posted by DanB View Post
        I just plumped for for Pilot Sport 4s. Had them on for 5 days so far and wow. Huge improvement over the Potenzas.
        good choice. The mich’s are excellent tyres and last well too.

I really don’t get the reasoning between Renault tying up with Bridgestone when retail price wise there’s not a massive amount between s001 and PS4S’. Surely that must be the case on wholesale pricing too?. The Bridgestone’s just seem inferior on every comparison. Plus the Mich are French! But then again the 265 and 300 nurburgring records were on bridgies and the 275 on Cup2s so there’s some depth to the decision I’m sure.

I’ve always been very wedded to keeping the car as Renault intended and concerned not to upset the balance by messing about with suspension etc, but when the tyre choice leaves leaves much to be desired on the face of it, it creates a bit of doubt.

Does anyone have further insight into this?

C

Comment

I think Bridgestone might have offered them at some good deal to the manufacturers as other car makes come with them from factory. MK7 Golf GTI/R used to come with them and everybody hated them.
          2019 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300 EDC
          2020 VW T-Cross SEL
          2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
          2007 Renault Megane 2
          ------------------------------------------
          Sports cars are difficult to justify, but easy to love

Comment

One of our family cars is a 123d convertible. It came with Bridgestones on the front and Goodyears on the rear. I tried to match them when one of the rears got damaged. I put Bridgestones on the rear too. It drove like it had a puncture. After a couple of months and the fronts coming up for replacement I decided to put PS4 (not S) on all round as it was really p*ssing me off. It felt dangerous over 50 mph.
            So PS4 fitted and the car was transformed. Rode bumps much better and didn't 'skitter' about. You can hardly tell it's a convertible now. I will probably be fitting Michelins to my R26 when it needs new tyres, although there are no shortcomings there currently.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoBog View Post
              I think Bridgestone might have offered them at some good deal to the manufacturers as other car makes come with them from factory. MK7 Golf GTI/R used to come with them and everybody hated them.
              agree. Jaguar changed from Pirelli part way through the 2018my Ftype run to Dunlop’s because of a commercial deal struck. IMO a very positive move, after a short amount of driving time both in track conditions (specific pave and non) you could tell the difference.

Comment

Begs the question - what other components are a compromise on the RS? May need to revisit the wish list!

Comment

Originally posted by Meg#3 View Post
                  Begs the question - what other components are a compromise on the RS? May need to revisit the wish list!
                  That’s why on my 2021 Wish List non-S001 tyres are #1.

The ones I have are now, especially at this time of the year, good to test traction control across Neutral and Sport modes in 1st as well as 2nd gears... no grip when over 3500 revs... for the joy of my kids who think the TC thumping is really entertaining!

But wait.. why am I posting here?... I only have a basic 280!!

Comment

Anyone running 255/35/19 setup on there’s??

Comment

Originally posted by anw280 View Post
                      In the coming months I’m going to replace both front and rear sets which are still the S001s I’ve inherited from the previous owner, so it sounds that for daily use + 3-4 track days/year the Michelin PS4S are a solid option, but what about the Bridgestone S007... is there anyone who can provide feedback on these considering daily and occasional track use?
                      It is winter and I hate my S007s, I expect them to give way at any time. But that can be fun too, it's all about steering without turning the wheel :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Raghza View Post
                        I have S007s. Before buying my car, the salesman warned me that these tires will be slippy when it's cold and/or wet.
                        When the weather was getting colder and wetter, I noticed that they are indeed quite slippery.. that was until I fitted a set of Yokohama winter tires and noticed that these have 10 times less grip. Then I got to drive a friend's RS which still had S001 fitted and noticed that these also have less grip in the cold and wet than my S007s.
                        So I think I was a bit scared by the sales guy saying that these tires will not have much grip in the wet and actually I find them grippier than S001s in all conditions.
                        When it's warm and dry, they are excellent. They are quite noisy tho, but the levels of grip and the hardness of the sidewall is amazing. My winter tires feel like they don't have any air in them, compared to the S007s.
                        So I can definitely recommend these tires.
                        I was getting wheel spin in third at 2,500revs today!!! It is wet and cold though. My PS4s didn't do that on my old RS275.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoBog View Post
                          When I visit my friends near Compiègne I drive past a Bridgestone factory :-)

Comment

Checked the tread depth at the weekend. Car is currently on 3k miles and the fronts are down to 4mm ish. So another 2k miles maybe?

Wear seems fairly even across the width of the tyre

Comment

My first set of fronts I managed around 3.5k. The 2nd set seem much better so far, having covered around the same distance, with about 50% of the usage. Bridgestone definitely changed something with the compound and tread pattern as they look completely different from the ones that came off and the ones on the rear, and also seem more compliant when cold.
                              That said, I'm tempted to try the PS4S - I had PS4's on my old car and they were absolutely amazing tyres and had decent wear too..

Comment

Put MPS4S on my 300T few weeks back and the difference is unreal

Comment

Working...
                                X