Fitting 15"s on my 133

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting 15"s on my 133

Currently on the 17" Cup wheels I wanted to pick up a set of wheels to wrap in track biased rubber and 15's seem to be the size of choice for used slicks and the like.

Working out wheel and tyre size i've opted for:

205/5015 Interstate DNRT tyres (from Camskill at £63 a corner https://www.camskill.co.uk/m12b4202s...0_15_205_50R15

Compomotive Evolution 15x7 with an offset of around 38ET (these are used wheels - a FB Marketplace find - so this is a measured figure as they are not stamped with the ET)

Test fitting they look good, just waiting on spigot rings (taking them from 70.1 to 60.1 centre bore) before fitting them proper and running a test route around the block.

They are about 5mm off the caliper on the front and a nice fit on the rear.

I'll report back on the tyres and how they perform just as soon as I get it on track
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 7 photos.
    Last edited by Germy; 03-03-21, 13:27.

What are the width of the standard 17s?

Go steady with minimal air gap to the calipers. A friend of mine has a fiesta st with a big brake kit and he's had problems with brakes over heating on track as there isn't much room between the caliper And wheel

Comment

Yeah, planning on doing a test run with them at the weekend to check for fouling.

When I get on track they'll be fitted at the circuit anyway so I'll have my road wheels and tyres in case it does close up and cause issues

Comment

Cool, I'm liking cars running smaller wheels. Would like 17s on my megane but my big brake kit might be an issue.

Comment

No news to update on fitting these as my spigot rings are on back order hoping to get them on properly at the weekend!

Comment

Working...
          X